Saturday, November 24, 2007
More things I love about Japan

1. Missing Denwa
I have always known that the Japanese are a honest lot...but my point was proven 100% in a single incident. I was shopping at Isetan.....was doing several things at the same time...eyes roving to see what interesting stuff I could buy and at the same time messaging oddmelody (who was back in Singapore) to tell her about my latest purchases and what other stuff I could help her to get.... I discovered my mobile missing shortly after I came out from the loo....I ran back immediately and looked high & low for it....finally one of the sales staff told me to enquire about my phone at the "Lost & Found section". The "Lost & Found section" was a little inconvenient....it was located in another building....at a neglected basement area....I ran all the way there & found a little lady seated at the counter....

Me: Konnichiwa...Sumimasen...watashiwa lost Denwa...Sony Ericsson Denwa....err....kyoo?!.....(yes...my jap is very lousy)
Lady: nfkserggjerlg sfjergjsettgje (in a string of Japanese words which I didn't know and couldn't catch)
Me: (So I replied in the only phrase which I am good at) Sumimasen...watashino nihongo amari wakaremasen....Denwa...Sony Ericsson!!?
Lady: What colour?
Me: ahhh...Black! Sony Ericsson K800!
Lady: Chotto Mate...

She went in and came out in 5 seconds and there there...was my beloved Sony Ericsson K800!

So you see..... This entire incident has proven me correct....the entire episode happened within 30mins (from the moment I stepped into the loo to the moment I collected my phone)....they amaze me...In singapore or any other country I've been to...I would never be able to see the phone again....

Another evidence for civic-mindedness...








2. Glorious Food.....
Now that I am back in Singapore...I missed the food....ahh.....glorious delicious Oishi food...


















One of the Ramen dishes I had at the ramen museum...*Oishiiiii!!!*

3. Umeishu!
I'm addicted...It's plum liquor every night.... Just bought one today so that I can continue my regime....











4. Cosmetics part 1- Rose scent / essentials

I have been addicted to the rose flavoured / scent / essentials cosmetics for some time now. In Singapore, only Loccitaine has it...and it's really expensive...In Japan...they have the "House of Rose" and "Rose" Series Shisedo bath and cosmetic range (Shampoo, Conditioner, Moisturising Water Mist, Soap, Bath Gel, Perfume, Body Lotion, Hair Cologne etc etc).










Cosmetics part 2 - Jill Stuart

Really pretty packaging....simply lovely... and not available in Singapore










Cosmetics part 3 - Collagen

Available everywhere......on every part of the body....

All I can say is....you know you have aged if you need such supplements...*sigh*

5. Weather
I hate the weather in Singapore....too hot.....


Ur Sweet Lullaby thought hard on 10:29 PM.