Sunday, November 11, 2007
Things I Love About Japan

I have been living in Japan for the past 3 weeks now.....in a dead town called Sagamihara....well it's actually not so bad...there is a pretty self-sufficient shopping mall, a supermarket, loads of restaurants (japanese, chinese, korean and western), a karaoke joint and a bowling alley! So yes, most days we can survive on these basic amenities....that is if we had the time...most days (mon - sat) we worked till 8 / 9 pm. Even when oddmelody came to visit me in Japan, I had no time to accompany at her except for 1 Sunday. ;-(
Anyway, in the last 3 weeks I was here, I discovered a couple of things which I really like about Japan....
1. The food...Ramen....
I only managed to take pictures of the ramen...cos' most times, I'd gobble down my orders before I remember to take pictures!















2. The clean toilets....with it's wonderful functions
















3. The civic-mindedness of the japanese people...things hardly get stolen...

I am really amazed...branded bags and stuff lying around and noboby will take them

4. The weather...I can dress up...mufflers, shawls...jackets...

Appeals to my vanity...

5. The wide range of cosmetics!!!
Suits me well...;-)


6. Hair salon...I had my hair dine in the Japanese way!

A Cut, Treatment, and Colour cost me S$178 which I thought was very reasonable. It was a posh salon at Machida Lumine and it's called Capelli Punto. It was a great experience. The stylist and great looking shampoo boys pampered me with a hair and head massage twice and followed by a neck and shoulder massage as well. Their techniques were so comfortable and I was really relaxed....;-p




I will tell you more about what irritates me in Japan in my next entry....so stay tuned


Ur Sweet Lullaby thought hard on 11:13 PM.